Sunday, October 28, 2012

And then came the juice!!!


Green Juice!!!
Ok so here is the green juice I drank for my 10 days.  I tweaked the original recipe a little bit for my liking.  Here's what it consisted of:

1/2 head of cabbage
1 cucumber
2 stalks celery
1 1/2 cup spinach
1 thumb size of ginger
3 green apples

I did this for a few days then I would add a fruit to it just to change it up a bit.  Edwin liked to add lemon to his and give it a citrus type kick, which knocked the veg taste back quite a bit so if you like lemons add half a lemon to the above recipe.  I'm more into the fruit stuff so i would add half a watermelon or cantaloupe or red grapes or red apples or pineapple.  Just play around with it if you want and find something that tastes good to you.  Just make sure you don't put TOO much fruit in it...the objective isn't to drown out the veg taste but to just give it a hint of fruit.  The juicer that yall have been asking me about is the one in the pic above.  Its a GE wide mouth juice extractor sold at Walmart for like $49.  One thing I'm doing now that I didn't before is straining my juice after I juice it.  Juicers don't remove 100% of the pulp, and I've never been a fan of pulpy juices...lol, is that a word, so I'd run it through a strainer twice and its a lot better to me.  There is nothing wrong with the way it came out of the juicer, it was just more of a personal preference for me.  As far as the green juice, I promise you it tastes a lot better than it looks, and after a couple of days your body will start to like it.  If you want to thin it down more without adding water, throw in a couple more green apples or cucumbers.  They have a LOT of water content and don't change it much in the way of flavor.  And remember the colder the better, if you try to do this and your juice is semi-cold or room temperature you're not going to like it...if i'm going to drink it right then and there after juicing, i'll add 1-2 cups of crushed ice to it and it'll be good to go.  Otherwise just put it in the fridge overnight and keep it refrigerated when you get to work...hope that helps!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment