Monday, October 29, 2012

Berries!!!


Berries!!!
Ok this is the first juice made on my own, well not totally on my own.  I got this from a bottle of Naked Juice, they put their ingredients on the side of their bottles, I went and got some from the store and juiced it up myself.  The only difference is I juiced everything except the berries, I blended those in because I wanted to keep the skin from the berries in there...supposed to be really good for you...that's what you're seeing in the pic.  Here's what it has in it:

30 Blueberries
3 Blackberries
3 1/4 Green Apples
1 Banana
2 cups crushed ice

Remember that green apples are a bit more tart than the red ones.  So when you're making your juices, if its not as sweet as you'd like replace the green apples with red ones...same thing goes for grapes.  Oh and bananas don't juice very well, you CAN do it but it comes out more like paste :)  So if you want a thicker "juice" just blend the banana in instead of juicing it.  It'll also make you feel fuller because its going to thicken up the juice.  The only thing about bananas is that, from what I've read, the juice won't keep very long afterwards.  I juiced mine and drank it the next day and it was fine...I just wouldn't chance letting it sit there for three or four days myself.  My wife really liked this one a lot...said it didn't taste like ANY of the other ones I made...which I didn't know if that was supposed to be a compliment or what.  So if yall try this one out let me know what you think of it!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment