Monday, November 26, 2012

Banana What!?!?


OK so I'm trying to use up the last of my fresh fruit that I stockpiled when I went with my sister to Costco.  So I put together this juice that starts with my base vegetables I tend to use and then mixed up the fruits to get the taste I want.  I got lazy yesterday and didn't feel like making juice so I bought a 32 ounce bottle of some off brand juice to try it out...it tasted the same as the Naked Juice but was about $2 less...which is pretty good.  Theirs had a bit of a banana taste to it so I decided to go with that.  The color of the drink may not look too appetizing but I promise you its really good.  I could have thrown 1/4 beet in there to change it to a reddish color but i decided to leave it as is.  Here's what this one has in it:

9 red apples
3 oranges
3 carrots
3 cups spinach
8 cups of red grapes
4 cups crushed ice
2 bananas

After juicing everything I ran it through a strainer to take out any extra pulp that was in there, I'm not too crazy about pulp myself.  After you strain it, add your crushed ice and stir till its almost gone...and boy lemme tell you!!!  You can taste the hint of apple and grapes but has a predominantly banana taste to it...bananas carry a lot of flavor, but its not overpowering, just right I'd say.  This yielded about 130 ounces of juice or almost 9 servings...so it should last me and my wife about 3 days.  If you are really interested in juicing I strongly recommend you try the recipes I've posted on here.  If you've never juiced before and you just start throwing stuff in there you're not gonna be please with the taste and might possibly give up on juicing all together, which i don't want anyone to do.  I post these recipes because i want others to have a positive experience with juicing.  and if your juice doesn't taste good, you're not gonna keep doing it...you have to like the taste to be able to get you through the 10+ days you may be doing!

On a side note, this is the container I'm using now for my juice..its air tight, dishwasher safe so its super easy to clean and holds 32 ounces with is two servings for me, enough to get me through my work day.  I got it at Academy for like $10 which I think it is well worth it.  It may look like a squirt bottle but its pretty hard so you don't have to worry about crushing it if you throw it in your bag.  Hope yall liked the blog...lemme know if you try this one and what you think of it!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment