Thursday, November 1, 2012

Summer Punch Baby...YEA!!!


Summer Punch...
Ok so Edwin, my co-worker that first introduced me to juicing, started a 10 day juice fast yesterday and now I'm thinking I wanna do it again to.  I weighed myself earlier and I'm down 15.5 lbs from when I started, and I KNOW my 20lb goal is very attainable but I wanna get there as quick as I can.  I'm starting to see the OUTLINE of six pack people and its inspiring me even more...yea crazy huh...not necessarily the outline of THE six pack...you cant see the 6 blocks, more like A six pack...i.e. one big block...but hey the outside is there, just have to work on the inside right?  :)  

Well being in a rush to watch the Chargers vs Chiefs, I hurried up and threw together a quick juice from my notes and added my base vegs to it.  It came out REALLY good, probably one of the top two juices I could drink all day long.  I liked it so much after I made it, I doubled everything which netted me about 90 ounces of juice (about a gallon and a half)...which if you're drinking 15.5 oz at a time, is about 5.8 servings.  Here's what it has in it:

4 large carrots
4 cups spinach
2 large broccoli crowns 
1/2 beet
40 small/medium strawberries
1 pineapple
6 cups of red grapes

As you can see its got a lot of vegs in it but I can promise you, you cant taste any of it in the drink.  I think this time around I am going to drink my fruit/veg juices instead of just straight veg juices like I did last time...it should net the same results just as long as the drinks aren't TOO sweet.  Hope yall try this one, definitely worth it!!!

1 comment:

  1. Many people will say bad things about juice fast but I promise you all you WILL FEEL BETTER and NOTICE A BIG DIFFERENCE within yourself. I use to weigh 280lbs and I've tried all kinds of diets and crazy workouts and nothing really work for me or I was just too tire to workout or just continuing the diets that everyone has come up with......I recommend to take the time and watch FAT SICK & NEARLY on Netflix a free documentary film and very inspirational.....In July I decide to jump on board with the juice fast and MAN i tell you the first 3-5 days were hard and HARD they were! but after the 5th day i began to feel better, then great weight began to drop some days 1-3lbs! I felt great each day that pass by. But i think you would to see it to believe it first....watch the film on Netflix FAT SICK & NERLY DEAD very informative about fasting. Remember this just because you're not giving the body solid food it doesn't mean that you're feeding the body...with fruit and veggies fast you really are only in a different way that will make your inside work easier to process food.

    ReplyDelete