Sunday, November 11, 2012

JUICE THIS!!!


Allright this juice is a variation of the Summer Punch recipe I posted the other day.  I'm trying to get to the point where I can do all my juicing on one day and have enough to last me the week.  This took me about one hour to do from the very beginning, taking everything out of the fridge, to the very end, everything all cleaned up and put away.  When you think abou tit, its actually pretty good because i don't have to worry about making any meals (for myself of course) for the entire week, its super quick, easy, and really good for you...what else can you ask for.  Oh and for those that can't believe it, these juices ARE very filling...believe it or not. 

I went to the Fiesta grocery store over in south side to check it out today.  I usually go to El Rio Grande off of I-35 and Berry because they have the best fruit and cheapest prices, but i have been going to new stores looking for the bigger and better deal...well i found it today.  Fiesta, I would have to say, has the BEST fruit at the cheapest prices I have seen so far...I bought all kinds of stuff, and not only did I spend less than do when I shop at Albertsons and Walmart, I actually spent less than when I go to El Rio Grande.  People say that juicing is expensive and so thats why they dont do it, but here are the numbers that I see when i do MY shopping.  I'll use Albertsons as my baseline since that's where I started shopping first...when I went there I would spend about $160-$180 a week on groceries...change that to Walmart and my bill drops down to about $120-130 a week, NOW to El Rio Grande and my grocery bill dramatically dropped to $100-110 a week.  Well today I was expecting my bill to be around $100 because I went crazy on the fruits/vegs because of all the sales they had going on, well when the lady told me my total I was shocked...$86!!!  Now THATS awesome!!!  

So I brought all my stuff home and wanted to put together another juice that had about a 50/50 mix of fruits and vegs...and dont just assume that just because it has fruit in it, that its not good for you...a lot of these fruits have benefits of their own, other than making the juice sweeter and visually more appealing...so here's what this juice had in it:

6 large carrots
2 LARGE broccoli crowns
3 cucumbers
1/2 head of cabbage
1 medium beet
1 1/2 pineapple
6 large red apples
30 strawberries
3 cups red grapes
3 cups black grapes
6 cups crushed ice

Well believe it or not this was enough to make a little over 2 1/3 gallons of juice...so lets do the math.  2.3 gallons of juice is roughly 294 ounces.  Say you are drinking 16 ounces per serving, which is how much I drink...and that gives you around 18 servings.  Depending on how much juice your body needs a day you will more than likely need between 3 and 5 servings per day...I would say in the beginning your body will be soaking it up while its detoxing so say 5.  Right now I'm drinking about 3 a day...so this would be enough juice for 6 days...not too shabby ay?  Well this is what the juice looks like when I'm all done with it...




I want to try another one so if anyone has any suggestions as far as main fruit combinations let me know and I'll add the vegs that it needs and tweak it until I feel its just right...thanks again for stopping by and make sure to share this blog with your friends!!!  See yall later!!!

1 comment:

  1. Enjoying your blog Carlos. I'm experimenting w/ juicing and your blog is helpful.

    ReplyDelete